It is simply unavoidable that your folding machine will encounter problems during operation. But we can list some common problems, and you may be able to avoid them when operating your equipment.
1) The folding order is improper, causing the folding machine to overload. The problem can be solved by adjusting the folding order properly.
2) The folding process is incorrect. For example, the page is folded twice by parallel folding method, and then the parallel folding is performed twice again in the vertical direction. This will cause the air between the pages to overflow, causing wrinkles or dog ears. However, if you change the first two times parallel folding into accordion folding, you can solve the problem.
3) The speed of the knife-fence folding machine is so high that the pressure of the paper during the folding process increases highly. Generally speaking. Both heavier and lighter papers must be handled at a low folding speed.
4) The effect of folding different papers will also be different. For example, the recycled paper fiber is short, the strength is low, and the possibility of wrinkling at the corner is greater. If it is replaced with a paper of good quality, wrinkles can be avoided.
1) The distance between the entrance of the pulling gauge and the operating edge of the table is too far.
2) The matching ratio of the plastic ball and the steel ball is improper. Generally, when the tissue paper is folded, the steel ball‘s ratio is required to be less than the plastic ball, and when the thick paper is folded, the steel ball is required to be more than plastic ball;
3) The paper-carrying sheet steel on the bridge of the folding machine is placed too close to the edge of the paper. You can adjust the distance between them to solve problem.
4) The pressure of the first and second sets of folding rollers of the folding machine is too low or the pressure at both ends is uneven;
Dog ears are a common phenomenon in the folding process. The reason is that when the paper passes the folding roller, the gap between the guiding plate and the folding roller is so large that the moving paper can easily enter the gap, which causes a dog ear. The solution is simple: By adjusting the position of the guiding plates to ensure that the distance of the guiding plates between the upper side and the down side is equal to the left and right gaps between the folding rollers.
That is usually caused by the inconsistent gap of the folding rollers of the folding machine or the improper shallowness of the folding knife when performing the second folding. Therefore, it is necessary to check whether the punching knife is worn.